Well, we've made it to day 12! Lucas is doing well, and Kyle and I are trying to get enough sleep. :)
Friday, Lucas took his first trip out to Lexington. We had a wonderful lunch with Papa, GrandLolly, Mema, Aunt Carrie, Baylor, and Cain. It was great to see all of them and everyone was so happy to see Lucas. Baylor even said, "Yeah, we've been waitin' a long time to see that little booger!" He loves his new cousin and kissed his head a few times. So sweet!
Saturday, Grandmother and Granddaddy came down to visit. They brought homemade soup and sandwhiches. Lunch was delicious! We also got to Skype with Aunt Beck and Uncle Chris. That was pretty cool! Unfortunately, we didn't get to see them, but they did get to see Lucas, so that was good. Saturday also brought Lucas' second Carolina football game and second Carolina win! He's our little good luck charm. :)
Lucas also had his first massive spit up on Saturday. I had just finished feeding him and he let loose. It literally looked like he had a 1/2 gallon of milk in him and it all came out - all over him, me, the boppy, and the recliner. It was so nasty! It was then that I figured there was no need to watch the clock as he fed and let him eat as long or short as he wanted to. We've had a few little spit ups since then, but nothing close to the 1/2 gallon. :) Lucas is now fully in charge of his own feedings. haha
I'm finally feeling back to normal. I can sit on the sofa and in a regular chair without a pillow under me. It's amazing! I also look like I have chicken legs and am worried that they are too skinny. I guess I'm just so used to seeing them massive with the swelling. OH! Another great milestone! I was able to fit into my own shorts this morning WITHOUT a belly band!! It was super exciting! This breast feeding thing really does speed up the weight loss process. As of today, I have lost 37 pounds since 9/7! Crazy!!
More later....and I promise I'll put some more pics on here. There are a good many on Facebook already. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment