Can you believe it?! Lucas is already 3 weeks old! It's gone by fast, but also seems like he's been here forever (in a good way!) Kyle and I can't remember what we did before Lucas was here. A lot has been going on in the past week...here are the highlights. :)
Last Thursday, Mom and I took Lucas for his 2 week check-up. He was up to 9lbs 12oz and 21.5 inches long! Both of those are in the 79th percentile for his age. Hot dog! He sure is growing fast! After the check up, Mom and I went around town - to the sewing store, Olive Garden, and BuyBuy Baby. For those of you who will need it, BuyBuy Baby has a really nice feeding room, complete with comfy rocking chairs and a changing table. :) It was so nice to get out of the house and actually drive somewhere! It had been almost 4 weeks since I had driven.
Saturday, Mom, Dad, Douglas, Mary Catherine, and Caroline all came down. Mom and I kept Lucas and Caroline while the others went to the Carolina vs. Vandy game. Even though the game wasn't pretty, Lucas and Caroline kept their streaks alive and are still undefeated as Gamecocks! We decided that it will be great once those 2 babes can entertain each other. It won't be long!!
Lucas has already made his debut at Dent (Friday) and Summit (Monday). Everyone was so excited to meet him and he has one more school to go to (Blythewood). We'll get over there sometime soon. I've had to go do something every day this week to keep myself from going stir crazy. Tuesday Lucas and I went out to eat with my friend Megan and her newborn, MiMi. She went back to work on Wednesday, so we got that lunch in just in time! Wednesday, we ventured across the river and had lunch with MawMaw and Granddaddy Joe. It was good to see them and MawMaw loved rocking him all afternoon. I did too, because she let me take a good hour and a half nap! We also went to visit Papa and Grand Lolly for a little while and they loved seeing him too. Lucas sure is a lucky little boy!
Lucas is still being pretty good to us with his feedings and I only have to get up once in the night to feed. I am certainly ready for him to be taking some bottles though and get a little bit of freedom. I love that I'm the only one that can provide him with food, but it's hard having to be the one who feeds him every 3 hours! I'm going to start trying bottles next week once he's a month old. Hopefully he takes those well! He needs to get used to them for when I go back to work.
We're heading to Oktober Fest in Newberry Saturday, so Lucas will have his first trip to Newberry. He's excited about it, and so is his Momma! :) More next week. And I promise...I will put more pictures up here before he's a year old. haha
No comments:
Post a Comment