Well...I was right about Wednesday being the last post for a while!
Wednesday night around 8:30, my contractions were getting a little closer together and a little more regular. By 11:15, I couldn't take it any more. The pain was getting pretty bad in my lower back and lower abdomen. I called the doctor and they said they would tell the hospital we were coming. My next 2 calls were to Mom and Dad and Maggie. Mom said that they would sleep a few hours and then come, and Maggie said to call her back once I got checked in.
We arrived at the hospital around midnight. Ten minutes later we got calls from both Mom and Maggie saying they were on their way. They couldn't sleep. Mom, Dad, and Maggs all arrived around 1. By that time, they had already given me some pain meds through my IV, I was 2 cm. dialated, and starting to feel pretty good. Kyle, Mom, and Dad all took cat naps in the room while Maggie and I stayed up talking like we were back in high school - it was quite fun! :) It took about 5 hours, and I had dialated enough to get some epidural. Whoo hoo!! I thought that this labor thing was a breeze and we were just moving right along. Once I got the epidural, things moved right along...my water broke, and I was making my way to 10 cm. By 9 cm, the pain was coming back, and it never went away again. I started feeling the urge to push around 10:45 am, and we were in full push mode by 11. This was the most excrutiating pain I had ever been in! But, one hour and 2 minutes later, my sweet baby boy had arrived! Kyle was amazing...he was there with me through the whole thing, watched the entire birth, and even cut the cord! I watched Lucas make his final way into the world and it was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed. Words cannot even describe what I felt when I first saw him.
Anyway...enough of the gory details! Robert Lucas Meetze was born at 12:02 pm, weighing in at 8 lb 13.4 oz and was 21 1/4 in. long. BIG BOY!! I had no idea something that size would come out of me. He is the most perfect thing I have ever seen.
We had lots of visitors in the hospital (thanks to all of you who made it!!) and started to get to know our son. By the way, that still sounds SO crazy!! Kyle and I were on our way back home around 1 on Saturday afternoon. Dad helped us get packed up and documented the trip home. We were greated at the house by Mom, Douglas, Mary Catherine, and Caroline. They had lunch ready and signs up to welcome Lucas home. We all got to watch the USC v. UGA game (the Jebaily's came over too) and Lucas did his job by bringing the Gamecocks good luck! He's now 1-0 as a Gamecock...hopefully this record only improves!
Our first night at home went well. Mom and Dad stayed with us and helped us out tremendously. One rough crying patch around 1:30 am and that was it! Hopefully this keeps up.
Today's been great. Lucas is a great eater and naps for hours! I'm savoring these times and trying not to wake him up. I know the day will come when we will beg for him to take a nap.
I'll post more pictures as soon as I get on the other computer. I'll try to keep this blog up so you can keep up with Lucas. I know he's now the more important one in the family. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment